Ultrasonic TIme transit Flow Meter
Dynaflox Time Transit Ultrasonic Flow meter’s Features
1. World advanced technologies are utilised.
2. Internally configured batch controller makes batch control convenient and powerful.
3. Various installation methods: Clamp-on transducers and Insertion transducers are available and can be hot-tapped.
4. The DMTF transit-time series are carefully designed and the operation is user-friendly, simple and easy.
5. The design makes the mounting process very simple, and no special skills or tools are required.
6. High precision and reliability, independent of fluid conductivity, wider applications than magnetic flow meters.
7. Wide measuring range, can measure low flow rate up to 0.003m/s.
8. Bi-directional flow measurement.
9. Spool-piece transducer for best accuracy and best stability in the long run.
10. No moving parts, no pressure drop, no maintenance.
Dynaflox Ultrasonic Flow meter’s Advantages
1. Four lines display total flow, flow rate, velocity and meter running status.
2. When flow rate ﹥0.5m/s, fixed pipeline calibration accuracy up to 0.5% ~ 1.0% reading accuracy before out of factory.
3. The high-temperature transducer is suitable to liquid of -40℃ ~ 250℃.
4. Provide SD memory function with a maximum capacity of 8G. Users can record the date on the SD card according to their requirements; can also perform more operations on the computer, such as editing the date, analysing the trend curve, and comparing the data collected from multiple instruments. The curve is based on the same time but different meters.
5. Explosion-proof products awarded: ATEX certified. The explosion- proof instrument can be operated directly on panel keypad.
6. Wireless real-time GPRS module available.
7. Innovative new product DMTFW ultrasonic water meter with high accuracy and low cost.
Principle of Measurement
DMTF transit time flow meters utilise two transducers that function as both ultrasonic transmitters and receivers. The transducers are clamped onto the outside of a closed pipe at a specific distance from each other. The transducers can be mounted in V-method whereby the ultra sound transverses the pipe twice, or W-method whereby the ultra sound transverses the pipe four times, or in Z-method where the transducers are mounted on opposite sides of the pipe and the ultra sound transverses the pipe only once. The selection of mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The flow meter works by having two transducers transmit and receive the ultrasonic signal which travels firstly downstream and then travels upstream (Figure 1). Due to ultra sound travelling faster downstream than upstream, there will be a difference of time of flight(△ｔ). When the flow is still, the time difference(△ｔ) is zero. Therefore, as long as we know the time of flight both downstream and upstream, we can work out the time difference, and then the flow velocity (V) and flow volume (Q) via the following formula.